G1 has revealed the thing-which-must-not-be-named ("Voldemort") for Sword of the New World. This new update, Sword 2, will be released this Summer. It will include:
- Update to v4.1, including instanced raids, new colony war, new costumes, mail system, etc.
- Official release of promotional characters - ATP, BSI, STF, ICP, and ETS.
- Complete revamp of Lv.1-20 of the game.
- New cash shop box - Idge's Box, which will drop recipes/ingredients for some of the "nicest" weapons, new/old costumes, and some "hot" characters.
- Collector's Edition retail box and possibly a digital edition, including a character, a pet, and other stuffs.
- New European PvE server and potentially new international PvP server. Both will have 1 channel with an initial increased EXP rate.
Sword 2: Renaissance
The next update will be coming this Fall, with UI changes and 3 new characters - Sorceress Emilia, Catherine Torsche and Asoka. It also comes with major changes to to the upgrade system, Faction Wars and MUCH more.
A new web game Sword 2: Dominus will also be released this Fall, allowing players to win "amazing" weapons, armors, costumes, and more. (My guess is that these are probably the special edition AR30 Lv.92 elite weapons like Silver Skullic Bracer, Elite Magic Broom, etc.)
A New Game Or Not?
It seems like some people are confused by the name. Sword 2 is basically v4.1 update. It is NOT a completely new game, in the sense Final Fantasy VIII is a different game from Final Fantasy VII. This means it doesn't have a new gaming engine and you do not need to create a new family and re-do from start. The common naming conventions (c.f. Civilization, Final Fantasy, etc.) will suggest it is a new game, but well, it isn't. IMO, this name just adds unnecessary confusion.
Why A Name Change?
G1-Neume clarified the issue...