The following is a guide on how to access and play Granado Espada in Japan servers. Please follow this basic rule to avoid raising suspicion of your non-Japanese origin:
Keep a low profile. Do NOT broadcast or talk openly in English.
An active community is always needed for MMORPG. If you have a clan/faction or chat group, please post your clan/faction forum or contact (and server) in the comments, so that interested players can contact you.
|GE Japan Website - http://ge.hanbitstation.jp|
All links to GE Japan website from this post will be using Google URL Shortener to hide the link referer, after testing with What Is My Referer .
1. SET UP VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN)
GE Japan has IP block implemented, so you must use a Japan VPN to play. VPN Gate has a list of free public VPN. (Leave a comment if you have other public VPN to share.) You can set up using either method below.
- Microsoft SSTP . No software needed. Simply input the host name, login, and password.
- SoftEther VPN . Need to install software, which auto-updates its VPN list.
2. REGISTER GRANADO ESPADA (JAPAN)
Go to GE Japan - Registration Page . You can either manually register or use OpenID to auto-register with another network ID (e.g. Twitter, Google, Facebook). Note that manual registration requires an anti-bot verification involving Japanese characters. You may use Lexilogos or Linguanaut to help you with Japanese character input.
3. DOWNLOAD GRANADO ESPADA (JAPAN)
The official download method uses a customized installer.
- Start your VPN connection.
- Use Internet Explorer (7.0+) to access GE Japan: Client Download . Do NOT use other browsers like Firefox or Chrome.
- Login to the website from the left sidebar. See screenshot of main page above.
- Click on either Download button to have a pop-up window for ActiveX.
- Internet Explorer will ask if you want to install NeffyLauncher. Click Install.
- Click Install again if Internet Explorer shows a security warning window.
- The downloader will automatically open.
- Select the destination folder.
- Click Start button, located at bottom-left corner, to begin download. (VPN is not needed during download.)
After download has been completed, you may uninstall Neffy Downloader from Windows Control Panel. The files are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Neffy.
Alternatively, you can use the following links to direct download the installer for v19.08.48 game client. VPN is not needed to download. You can use any download manager you wish to pause/resume download.
4. INSTALL GRANADO ESPADA (JAPAN)
Run GE_19.08.48_HUE_130710.exe to install the game client. If you wish to read the Japanese characters of the installer in Windows (English), install and run AppLocale and load the game client installer. However, this is not really necessary. You can easily guess what the gibberish text says.
5. SET UP WINDOWS JAPANESE KEYBOARD
- Install Microsoft Japanese IME from Control Panel. See Installing MS-IME for instructions.
- Set Non-Unicode System Locale to Japanese. See Setting Non-Unicode Program for instructions.
6. START GRANADO ESPADA (JAPAN)
- Start your VPN connection.
- Use Internet Explorer to open GE Japan website.
- Login at the website manually or using Open ID.
- Click GAME START button at the top left corner of the website.
- Let the game patcher run normally. (VPN is not needed to patch the client, but is needed for game play.)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://ge.hanbitstation.jp/
Unlike American or Singapore game client, the Japanese game client utilizes the website to login. You do not need to login again using the game client. The client uses Japan Standard Time (UTC +9) for time zone. There are currently 3 servers, in order as presented at the login screen.
- Cordierite -アイオライト
- Carnelian - カーネリアン
- Gem Silica - ジェムシリ力
Authentication code is different.
Note: Close client and Internet Explorer. Retry using a different VPN.
ID or password is incorrect. Password is case-sensitive.
Login failure due to temporary network fault. May last up to 3 minutes.
Disconnection due to failed authentication.
Related External Links
Edged Carbine: Jap GE
日版GE 初入門 傻瓜版教學