Pioneer equipment are now available, as noted in the Dummies' Guide To Glazium. A pioneer weapon costs a number of glaziums equal to 4 x number of times the specific weapon has been received. A pioneer armor costs the same, except it is 6 instead of 4.
For example, when you receive the first Lv.40 pioneer pistol, it costs 4 Lv.40 glaziums. The second Lv.40 pistol costs 8 glaziums, the third pistol costs 12 glaziums, etc. Likewise, the first Lv.40 robe costs 6 glaziums, the second Lv.40 robe costs 12 glaziums, the third Lv.40 robe costs 18 glaziums, etc.
The following pioneer equipment are available:
- Melee Weapon: sword, rapier, sabre, dagger, shield, great sword, polearm, knuckle, gaiters
- Ranged Weapon: pistol, rifle, shotgun, cannon
- Magic Weapon: rod, staff, special staff, fire/ice/lightning bracelet
- Armor: leather, metal, coat, robe
Guaranteed Fixed Options
Pioneer equipment are GUARANTEED options when using enchantment chips. Lv.1 and Lv.20 pioneer equipment gets free options at the box besides the pioneer equipment NPC. The option types are fixed as follows:
- Melee Weapons: ATK, ATK Speed, Critical, Additional Mental ATK
- Ranged Weapons: ATK, ATK Speed, Critical, Accuracy, Additional Mental ATK
- Rod/Staff: ATK, ATK Speed, Max SP, Additional Mental ATK
- Bracelet: ATK, ATK Speed, Max SP, Additional Fire/Ice/Lightning ATK
- Armor: DEF, Evasion, Movement Speed, Max HP
- Shield: DEF, Block, DR+1
ATK Rating & DEF Rating
Lv.1-60 pioneer equipment are like elite items, having built-in AR/DR+5. The lower level pioneer equipment are not entirely necessary, especially if the player does AFK-power-leveling at the beach of Bahia Island.
Lv.80 pioneer weapons pale before unique Lv.92 weapons (AR25), which don't require chipping and usually have bonus skill level. Lv.80 pioneer armors are of the same grade as Lv.92 armors.
Lv.100 pioneer weapons are also inferior to Lv.92 elite weapons (AR30) from Los Toldos or Lv.100 normal elite weapons, such as Bracelet of Ziz (AR30). Lv.100 pioneer armors are equivalent to Lv.84 elite armors (DR26). Of course, Each Lv.100 pioneer equipment also requires 5 mystery powders to make.
|Pioneer Level||ATK Rating||DEF Rating||Equivalent Level|
Most pioneer equipment look like their regular counterparts. Lv.100 pioneer equipment have no special glow, except for pioneer's staff of the lordmage. Below is a screenshot of rikimaru's staff. For more screenshots of Lv.100 pioneer equipment, see Pioneer Equipment Items.