Some players have reported that an unspecified error occurs when running the game client launcher. This rivals the legendary Windows 10 error of "Something Happened" .
This problem occurs after Adobe Flash Player updates to Version 22.214.171.1247. I'm surprised so many people are affected, as this didn't affect me since I'm still using:
Outdated plugins FTW! (I uninstalled Chrome some time back, and uses mostly Firefox.) There are 3 types of Flash Players - ActiveX for Internet Explorer, PPAPI for Chrome, and NPAPI for Firefox. GE game launcher uses Internet Explorer, so the ActiveX version is the one that needs fixing. You may also need PPAPI/NPAPI as well, depending on which browser you are using.
According to GE SEA Facebook :
It's been reported that the Game Launcher does not work properly after the Adobe Flash Player's automatic update. This is a global issue and affects not only GE.
If you are facing this situation, the following solution might help:
- Windows Settings > Programs > Adobe Flash Player [Uninstall]
- Click the link below and download the latest version of the Flash Player HERE .
Alternatively, see Adobe.com Archived Flash Player Versions .
Forum user bluehawk also mentions additional issues with Windows 10 here :
If you have Windows 10, you can't simply uninstall the latest version and install the previous version of Adobe Flash Player... BUT there is a solution.
Reboot and run the game.
- Go into your Windows Update screen and select Advanced Options. (Settings, Update & Security, Windows Updates, then Advanced Options)
- Select "View Your Update History".
- You'll see "Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)", which is the culprit.
- Select "Uninstall updates" at the top of the screen
- In the top-right part of the screen will be a search box called "Search installed updates", put the value "KB3132372" and search.
- Uninstall that specific update. It will ask you to reboot.
The problem is that I suspect it'll reinstall the update at some point so you'll have to re-uninstall it again. They will eventually need to resolve this incompatibility... sooner than later.
GE SEA Facebook: Game Launcher Error
GE Launcher Error related to Adobe Flash Player
GE Launcher Flash Player Error
Adobe.com Archived Flash Player Versions