Recently, a few of my faction mates complaint that the game client for American (T3Fun) server crashes periodically when attempting to load specific characters, such as Patrick, Cadet Leonele, Lorraine, etc. Even after reinstalling the game client, the problem persists. When viewing the Character List in Barracks, the corrupted client display the following:
Attempting to enter Armonia Gloria map will also crash the game client.
I used Team Viewer to remotely check my faction mate's game client. By extracting the .ipf files, I found that the client is missing some files for 3D models, textures, portraits, sound, map data, etc. How did this happen? My guess is the following:
The installer from the official download site is of an older version, specifically v22.43.79 (Armonia Episode 2). Normally, after installation, the client will patch all the way to the current version (Armonia Episode 4).
But if some old patches (e.g. Armonia Episode 3) have been removed from the patch server, when the Episode 2 client updates itself, it will not get some of the files for Armonia Episode 3. This could explain why the affected characters are mostly released during Episode 3 - Cadet Leonele, Patrick, Lorraine, etc.
Because you are technically missing almost an entire episode-worth of files, you will have to replace most of the .ipf files in your Granado Espada\ge folder. Do the following:
- Make a back-up copy of the entire Granado Espada\ge folder, if desired.
- Download all 27 .ipf files from http://1drv.ms/1UqEmAh .
- Download and extract se.ipf from se_eu_20150618.zip . If you prefer Japanese sound effects (se.ipf), you can get it from my MediaFire SFX Folder .
- Close the game client, if it is currently running.
- Move all 28 .ipf files into Granado Espada\ge folder. Overwrite when prompted.
- Open Granado Espada\updater.revision.txt with Notepad.
- Replace the number in the file with 221060. Save.
- Open Granado Espada\revisions_v2.txt with Notepad.
- Find the line which says 221060.zip, and delete all lines after that. Save. (The last line should read 221060.zip.)
- Start the game launcher to start patching.
The various files have been optimized using Game Client Optimizer. The dictionary.ipf file has also been modified to correct some spelling, phrasing, or text length issues. There should be 28 files in all, if you include se.ipf file.
This fix works ONLY for American game client. If you are playing on a different server, this has nothing to do with you.
This is an unofficial fix. Do NOT post this in the official forums. T3Fun will need to either update their installer or ensure that the patch server has all the patches needed to update a newly installed client.