I found a topic at cGE forum here that outlines how to change the font used by the game. I tried it out using Baldur font with the sample screen-shot below. Click for full-size view.
HOW TO REPLACE FONT
- Rename the desired true type font (.ttf) file as font.ttf. (The game uses only .ttf file for font. For other font format, you need to convert it to .ttf format first, using programs such as FontForge.)
- Compress font.ttf into font.zip with WinRAR. (Other compressors should work fine as well.)
- Open font.zip with a hex editor, such as Freeware Hex Editor XVI 32.
- Click Search - Replace (Ctrl-R) to open the Replace Window.
- Replace hex string 66 6F 6E 74 2E 74 74 66 with hex string C6 88 5D B9 F5 EC 94 B6. (This replaces font.ttf with the encrypted name used by the original font.)
- Click Replace All button and the editor should confirm 2 replacements were made.
- Save and exit the hex editor.
- Rename font.zip as font.ipf, and copy it into Granado Espada\ge folder. Back up original font.ipf first, if desired.